Rain Rain go away

Dear mother nature, I'm tired of rain, please send me some sun.

It rains almost every day here now. Leaving your room without your umbrella is like asking to get drenched. It can change from sunny with clouds to pouring rain in a matter of minutes. Almost every day is sort of hazy and gray, but it is mild not super cold or anything. Sometimes when the wind comes up it can get nippy. And when the wind drives the rain sideways it makes umbrellas pretty much useless. I am told that all winter will be sort of like this but a little colder. Just lots of rainy, windy, gray days. I feel like Eeyore looking at the sky and saying: "looks like it's gonna rain."

The dirt path that we take to school to avoid going on the tram and to enjoy walking through the park has long since turned into a mud trail, but we walk along the grass edges and try to avoid the mud as much as possible.

I think by the end of winter I am going to really be missing the snow.

Twice today it has poured rain and in between been nice enough. The rain is nice to listen to and watch from the window, but I don't look forward to having to walk through it.

1 comments:



Simone J. said...

dear krista,
im sorry it rains all the time there, but is the grass always green since it gets so much nourishment?
also dont feel too bad it aint snow here yet, but i aint complainin :P

Post a Comment